I kept forgetting to join in with Vlog Stars at the end of 2015 so I set a reminder in my calendar to get back into it, of course, my brain being the black hole that it is, I forgot it again almost immediately!
Not to be deterred I’ve decided to forgo the vlogging aspect and just write my 10 Mummy Confessions…
1) As a toddler Ez had gorgeous long surf dude hair. I decided, hours before we were due to leave on holiday, that his fringe needed a trim.
My hatchet job was so bad a simple fringe trim ended up with me shaving his head!
2) I eat most of the kiddo’s festive chocolates. I tell myself that I’m doing it for their own good, but really I just like chocolate in the shape of penguins and reindeer.
3) The kids and I love Minecraft and when we treat ourselves to blind boxes, I have been known, on occasion, to open them all and take the best one for myself before they get their mitts on them!
4) I’m really mean about screen time, the TV goes on between 3-5pm, and they’re allowed to play on the iPad or DS a bit, but that’s it.
It may well be expanding their brains and encouraging them to use their imagination more, but mostly it just seems to increase the arguments in our house 100 fold.
5) I deliberately try and get the kids to like the ‘immature’ things I do, like Pokemon, Minecraft etc, after all where’s the fun is there’s no-one to play with?
6) I bought lovely pens for my bullet journal but won’t share them with the kiddos!
The children make do with cheap, supermarket colouring pens, while I have a collection of pristine Staedtler brush pens and fineliners that I don’t let them touch.
7) I tell them that some of the things they want to watch on Netflix are just adverts instead of actual shows (so Annie doesn’t watch those awful looking Barbie shows)
8) I may have farted in the supermarket and blamed it on the children!
9) I don’t like gin! Every Mummy blogger I know writes about their love of gin, but let’s be honest ladies, it tastes like old pennies, give me a whiskey and coke, or amaretto and cranberry juice any day.
10) I told Ezra I’d just brushed my teeth when he smelt Extra Strong Mints on my breath so I wouldn’t have to share them.
So there you have it. In my head they didn’t sound so bad, but seeing them written down it seems I have a problem with sharing, I’m glad I’m not one of my kids, poor little souls!
Got a parenting confession to share?
Linking up with…