One area that Annie and Ez are very different is in their reaction to when things aren’t going their way. Annie is far more likely to take herself off, have a little mope and come back whereas Ez is all about the drama!
The slightest thing can set him off, he’ll yell, cry, fake cry, drop his chin to his chest and sulk, hit whatever inanimate object is nearby, throw Mr Dinosaur onto the ground or simply crumple to the floor.
As quickly as the rage descends it’s gone again and he’s onto the next thing. Most of the time it’s funny to see him try and guilt me into giving him what he wants (doesn’t work!) and sometimes it can be very hard not to giggle at his OTT reaction to life.
Reasons my son cried before 10am this morning…
- He couldn’t brush his teeth the very second he wanted to
- He finished his breakfast
- I gave him the welly boot he asked for
- I wouldn’t let him bash his sister with a plastic Donald Duck toy
- I wouldn’t let him hold my cup full of hot tea
- We left Annie at nursery
- I put him in his car seat
- I wouldn’t let him sit down on the zebra crossing
- I wouldn’t let him hold the box of eggs in the supermarket
- I stopped him licking the oven
- I wouldn’t get him another snack
- I reminded him that he’s not allowed to open random kitchen cupboards
- I wouldn’t let him go in the garden in just his socks
- He tripped over
- The square shape wouldn’t fit into the round hole on the shape sorter
- I took away the bit of last night’s dinner he found on the floor under the table
Reasons my son smiled before 10am this morning…
- Every thing that wasn’t one of the above!
Are your kiddos calm or the king or queen of drama?