I often see gift swaps in the blogging community but never seem to catch one while there’s still time to join in which is why I was very happy to find out about the Thrifty Gift Swap.
I signed up, packaged up a parcel of things that I hoped the recipient would like,
left it on the side for a week and then mailed it off. Then I forgot about it all until yesterday when the postman rang the bell and gave me an exciting box of awesomeness!
The very lovely Helen from Using My Loaf had picked a bunch of things that were perfect…
- tea strainer (I’ve wanted one of these for ages, it’s like she read my mind)
- uber cute owl mug
- fancy chocolate and marshmallow hot chocolate mix
- Wonka chocolate bar
- Rainbow drops (perfect for a child of the 80’s like myself)
- a ring pop
- cute speech bubble sticky notes
- retro sticky tags
- Star Wars pens
- Peppa Pig crayons for Annie
- Herbie toy car for Ezra
- a magazine with an article and recipes from Mary Berry, my TV granny!
(please ignore the horrible lighting in the photos, I only had a brief window before the
vultures family descended and ate and used everything!)
I was really happy with all of these and so touched that Helen thought of the kids as well as me. She wrote a lovely card and unwrapping these goodies really made my day.
Thank you Helen for bringing festive cheer into my house and for spoiling the kiddos too, they were very, very happy though Annie has stolen two of my Star Wars pens already ;-) Hope your blogging mojo returns soon and that you have a magical Christmas.
Have you ever taken part in a gift swap or unusual secret Santa?